Many of us lead busy lives. Do you have an endless “To Do” list? Looming deadlines? A constant juggle of work, family, exercise and downtime where something always seems to have to give? In this multi-tasking world, there is a constant risk that in “controlling” every detail of our lives, we lose our connection with the present; forget to enjoy the HERE and NOW. Take a pause, join us for a Mindful ski tour.
Using simple, pragmatic and yet powerful exercises, Robbie Fenlon & Geneviève Major will introduce you to mindfulness practices that you can incorporate into your every day life.
This practical workshop will help not just in managing the day to day, but also help you to better understand group dynamics and clarity of communication – skills which are of fundamental use when venturing into the mountains.
At the end of the weekend, take away your own record of these guided practices and an understanding of the neuroscience which supports them.
- 2 days’ guided ski touring
- 2 days’ workshops
- Record of guided mindfulness practices
What’s not included
- Hut fees
€700 for 2 days per participant
A minimum of a few days ski touring experience is required. You need to be able to ski off-piste & able to hike uphill for up to 3hrs a day.
- Understand that mindfulness is not complicated and can be practised anywhere, anytime.
- Understand how the brain works and what techniques you can use to train the mind.
- Understand the power of listening to each other and communicating with clarity.
- Interact with each other in a way that contributes to collaboration and safety (recognise the “bad apple” syndrome).
- Learn to reframe your thinking in challenging situations.
«Mindfulness isn’t difficult, we just need to remember to do it.»